Volume 15, Number 36
Friday Night on White, downtown Wake Forest’s popular outdoor music series, continues with Big Love on Friday, July 14. Presented by White Street Brewing Co., Friday Night on White takes place along South White Street in downtown Wake Forest from 6 to 9 p.m. on the second Friday night of each month April through September.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants during every Friday Night on White. A variety of food and dessert trucks will also be on site in the parking lot behind Fidelity Bank, 231 South White Street, and along Owen Avenue. Food and dessert trucks scheduled to participate on July 14 include Big Al’s BBQ, Charlie’s Kabob Grill on Wheels, Cousins Maine Lobster, King’s Authentic Philly Cheesesteak, Kona Ice, Lumpy’s Ice Cream, Not Just Icing, Sarge’s Chef on Wheels, Spanglish, VFW Chuckwagon, and Virgil’s Jamaica.
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
- No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
- All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
- During Friday Night on White, White Street Brewing Co. is the sole approved outdoor vendor for beer and wine. All beer and wine consumed outdoors within the festival area must be dispensed by White Street Brewing Co. in the approved container which bears the event logo.
- Beer and wine tokens will be available for purchase at three points of sale tents, which will be situated at each end of South White Street and near the intersection of Owen Avenue/Brooks Street.
- Beer and wine tokens may also be purchased anytime during normal business hours inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Beer serving stations are located at each end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware and at the Brooks Street intersection; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Wine serving stations are provided at the wine tent located at the intersection of South White Street and Owen Avenue (adjacent to Fidelity Bank) and inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary soft drinks or waters during each Friday Night on White concert. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit any of the three information tents for details.
- The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50 p.m.
- Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30 p.m.
- Anyone sharing their pictures on social media is encouraged to use #FNOW and #FridayNightonWhite.
Free parking is available along several side streets and parking lots in downtown Wake Forest and at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. However, some parking lots may appear to be public, when in fact they are private. Concert-goers are urged to read all signage in the parking lot to determine what type of lot they are using.
Commemorative T-shirts are on sale for $10 each. The T-shirts are available in dark gray and green in a variety of styles and sizes and can be purchased at the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 Brooks Street, with cash, check or credit card. T-shirts will also be available for purchase with cash or check at the Information Tent during each Friday Night on White concert – while supplies last.
Volunteers are needed to perform a variety of roles during Friday Night on White. Volunteers must be at least 18-years-old and will receive a commemorative event T-shirt. Civic groups and community organizations are especially encouraged to participate. For more information or to sign up, visit www.wakeforestnc.gov/friday-night-on-white.aspx.