Volume 15, Number 49
Friday Night on White, downtown Wake Forest’s popular outdoor music series, continues with Love Tribe on Friday, Aug. 11.
Presented by White Street Brewing Co., Friday Night on White takes place along South White Street in downtown Wake Forest from 6-9 p.m. on the second Friday night of each month from April through September.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants during every Friday Night on White. A variety of food and dessert trucks will also be on site in the parking lot of Fidelity Bank, 231 S. White St., and along Owen Avenue. Food and dessert trucks scheduled to participate on Aug. 11 include Baton Rouge Cuisine, Bulkogi, Charlie’s Kabob Grill on Wheels, Cousins Maine Lobster, CockledoodleMoo, Dusty Donuts, Gonza, Kona Ice, Lumpy’s Ice Cream, VFW Chuckwagon, and Virgil’s Jamaica.
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
- No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
- All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
- During Friday Night on White, White Street Brewing Co. is the sole approved outdoor vendor for beer and wine. All beer and wine consumed outdoors within the festival area must be dispensed by White Street Brewing Co. in the approved container which bears the event logo.
- Beer and wine tokens will be available for purchase at three points of sale tents, which will be situated at each end of South White Street and at the intersection of Owen Avenue/Brooks Street.
- Beer and wine tokens may also be purchased anytime during normal business hours inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Beer serving stations are located at each end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware and at the Brooks Street intersection; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Wine serving stations are provided at the wine tent located at the intersection of South White Street and Owen Avenue (adjacent to Fidelity Bank) and inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary soft drinks or waters during each Friday Night on White concert. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit any of the three information tents for details.
- The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50 p.m.
- Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30 p.m.
- Anyone sharing their pictures on social media is encouraged to use #FNOW and #FridayNightonWhite.
Free parking is available during each Friday Night on White along several side streets and parking lots in downtown Wake Forest and at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. However, some parking lots may appear to be public, when in fact they are private. Concert-goers are urged to read all signage in the parking lot to determine what type of lot they are using.
Friday Night on White commemorative T-shirts are on sale for $10 each. The T-shirts are available in dark gray and green in a variety of styles and sizes and can be purchased at the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., with cash, check or credit card. T-shirts will also be available for purchase with cash or check at the Information Tent during each Friday Night on White concert – while supplies last.
Friday Night on White is scheduled to take place rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather on the day of a concert, a decision on whether to proceed will be made no later than 4 p.m. Updated concert information will be posted on the Town’s Facebook page and available by calling the Wake Forest Weather Line at 919-435-9569. Smart phone users who have downloaded the Town’s app will receive a push notification message concerning any schedule changes.
The following sponsors have generously contributed to Friday Night on White: White Street Brewing Co., iHeart Media, Gladwell Orthodontics, McPherson Family Eye Care, Mitchell Heating & Cooling, Capital Powersports, Sam’s Club, Wells Family Dentistry, Nu Image Surgical & Dental Implant Center, The Wake Forest Weekly, The Rolesville Buzz, The News & Observer, Back Alley Coffee Roasters, Pro Audio & Light, Coastal Credit Union, Dirty Dogs Spa, Wake Forest Acoustical Corporation, B&W Hardware, Tuscan Ridge Animal Hospital, Pure Line Plumbing, Sole Dimensions, Break Through Physical Therapy, Lowes Foods, Stanley Martin Homes, Birkner Insurance, Chick-fil-A of Wake Forest, Circa Magazine, 27587 Magazine, Fidelity Bank, Carillon Assisted Living of Wake Forest, Candlewood Suites, Rainbow Child Care Center, Heritage Urgent & Primary Care, Heritage Med Spa and Ads ‘n Art.
The popular Raleigh-based band “Crush” will headline the final Friday Night on White concert of the 2017 season on Sept. 8. Following the performance, the Wake Forest Renaissance Centre, 405 S. Brooks St., will host the first-ever “FNOW After Party” from 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. The event will feature the band that kicked off the 2016 and 2017 Friday Night on White concert series, “The Magic Pipers.” Tickets for the FNOW After Party are on sale for $5 each (plus tax) at www.wakeforestnc.gov/fnow-after-party.aspx. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the Aug. 11 Friday Night on White in the information tent located near the intersection of South White Street and East Jones Avenue. A limited number of tickets are available, and the event is expected to sell out in advance. If it does not, then tickets will be available at the door.