Volume 15, Number 36
The Magic Pipers will kick off the second season of Friday Night on White on Friday, April 28. Presented by White Street Brewing Co., the free outdoor concert will take place along South White Street in historic downtown Wake Forest from 6 to 9 p.m.
Friday Night on White is typically offered on the second Friday night of each month from April through September. Because Good Friday this year falls on the second Friday in April, the 2017 series will get underway on April 28. The remaining concerts will occur on the second Friday from May through September beginning with Smile on May 12, followed by Bull City Syndicate on June 12, Big Love on July 14, Love Tribe on Aug. 11, and Crush on Sept. 8.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants. A variety of food and dessert trucks will also be on site in the parking lot of Fidelity Bank at 231 South White Street and along Owen Avenue. Food and dessert trucks scheduled to participate on April 28 include American Meltdown, Bam Pow Chow, Charlie’s Kabob Grill on Wheels, Cousins Maine Lobster, Fuzzy’s Empanadas, Kona Ice, Lumpy’s Ice Cream, Stuft, Sweet Traditions, VFW Chuckwagon, and Virgil’s Jamaica.
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
- No outside coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks, and water will be available for purchase. All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
- Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary soft drinks or waters during each Friday Night on White concert. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit the Information Tent located in the vicinity of the Wake Forest Coffee Company, 156 S. White St., for details.
- Beer and wine tokens will be available for purchase at three points of sale tents. The tents will be situated at each end of South White Street and near the intersection of Owen Avenue/Brooks Street.
- Beer and wine tokens may also be purchased anytime during normal business hours inside White Street Brewing Co.
- Beer serving stations are located at the end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and inside White Street Brewing Co.
- A wine serving station will be provided inside White Street Brewing Co.
- The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50 p.m.
- Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30 p.m.
Free parking will be available during each Friday Night on White along several side streets and parking lots in downtown Wake Forest and at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Friday Night on White commemorative T-shirts are available for purchase for $10 each. The T-shirts are available in black and lime green in a variety of styles and sizes and can be purchased at the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 Brooks Street, with cash, check or credit card. T-shirts will also be available for purchase with cash or check at the Information Tent during each Friday Night on White concert – while supplies last.
Volunteers are needed to perform a variety of roles during Friday Night on White. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and will receive training and a commemorative T-shirt. Civic groups and community organizations are especially encouraged to participate. For more information or to sign up, visit www.wakeforestnc.gov/friday-night-on-white.aspx